Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Final Post

Throughout my journey through assistive technology I have acquired a plethora of valuable knowledge, as well as useful resources/websites, and learned how you can apply assistive technology so that students with disabilities can leverage their strengths and compensate for learning problems.


Before taking this class I was oblivious to the principles of universal design for learning. Now they are something I always refer to first especially if a student is struggling or shows a lack of interest/engagement.




In some of my first posts I touched on barriers in the classroom as well as accommodations for students who are deaf or hard of hearing such as cochlear implants. As I progressed through my quest I discussed how assistive technology is addressed in a student's IEP, and how student's with Autism benefit from visual supports such as a break card due to their deficits in communication.


This blog is something I will continually reflect back on as I work in the field, and moving forward software such as speech recognition and pieces of equipment like alternative keyboards are just a couple of the many things I will incorporate in my classroom.







Reference Below
Dell, A., Newtown, D., & Petroff, J. (2012). Assistive Technology in the Classroom. 
 Upper Saddle River, NJ. Pearson Education Inc.

Images Found At 
 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjFXkVFr-qj1ywZangr1CEjpiAS90zPJSxa-uMERCOHwqTgAuTDDYJkw1r_gcBb4OEa8yoKz1_T3Tto1savSaC_VVZsf9zULIVWv89-BqKxvZKNMscwGHBIdDK84hZTTOgtbfY7jIHl8tUL/s1600/409Assistive_Technology_Still.png

 http://www.thehappinessgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Taking-the-emotional-journey-e1307035940113.jpg
 

No comments:

Post a Comment